1.06.2013

Hakuna Matata

Two days ago I got back from the most pivotal, life-changing trip I've ever been on. And I took pictures.

I'll just tell the whole story. Back in...October? September? Around that time, I learned about an opportunity to go on a mission trip to Africa. It was going to be a small trip, with only 10 or so students, and I desperately wanted to go. After the usual struggles of convincing my parents, praying, raising money, praying, packing, and praying, the trip was finally here. On December 26, my mom dropped my dad & I off at the airport, said good-bye, and we began our journey. 24 hours of traveling later, and I found myself in Nairobi, Kenya, severely jet-lagged and indescribably happy.

Our team of 8 students and 4 adults spent four days running a kind of "summer" camp for a really awesome group of students, the ages ranging from 11 to 18 years old. Bonding with them was one of the most special times of my life. I definitely didn't expect to love them all so much at the end of four days.

After the camp ended, our team set out on a drive to the Amboseli Safari, where we went "glamping" (glamour camping- we had two beds, a shower, a toilet, and working electricity in our tents). We woke up early, drove around for hours looking at animals, and came back. Those are the times I really got to take some pictures.

This trip had God's hand visible everywhere - in the students we worked with, in the magnificent Kenyan landscapes, in the wildlife. God used this trip to open my eyes to learn more about Him & His character, and also learn more about myself as a person. Overall, it's been incredible. I would go back in a heartbeat. But for now, I'll just relive it by looking through pictures.










4 comments:

  1. These are incredible. You amaze me. The first one has to be my favorite! Such beautiful pictures of such incredible memories! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are just amazing. like bring-tears-to-your-eyes-gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely started crying a few times because of the beauty. The lamest thing I cried at was a really cool tree.

      Delete