11.24.2012

Thanksgiving in East Texas

I always love driving five hours out to the middle of East Texas to spend time with my wonderful family. Cramming sixteen people into a small 3-bedroom house for three days was difficult, so I spent a lot of time outside. My week was filled with campfires, fishing, kayaking, and lots of food. It was great.  We had some pretty spectacular sunsets and sunrises, and you'll see that there was an American flag that was just begging to be photographed.

AMERICA.

My uncle and sweet little cousin out on the canoe





This next one takes some explaining. Exactly last year, I went out to the lake house and took a stab at photographing the stars. If you stalk my blog back far enough, you'll see that post (and see how badly I failed). Well, after learning quite a bit in the course of a year about ISO and whatnot, I decided to try it again. Voila! Of course, I still can't do star trails (plus I might have frozen to death had I tried), and you can see some lens flare from the annoyingly bright moon, but overall...I like it.


2 comments: